Steering gears, also known as recirculating ball gears or gear boxes, are used in the steering systems for rear-wheel-drive cars and trucks. We remanufacture for all makes and models with precision, using an OE-engineered process that is similar to how new gears are made:
- Gear housings are inspected and bead-blasted to eliminate rust and corrosion
- Sector shafts are magnafluxed to ensure structural integrity
- Sealing surfaces are inspected, reconditioned and polished
- All serviceable seals and O-rings are replaced with new, OE-equivalent parts
- Recirculating balls are 100% replaced with matched sets sized to ensure correct feel and performance
- Assembled units are 100% functionally tested for leaks and performance.
Because of our OE approach to remanufacturing, technicians and their customers can expect replacement steering gears that help to restore the responsive steering that cars, light trucks and SUVs had when they were new.
STEERING GEAR WARRANTY
BBB warrants our remanufactured steering gears to be free from defects in material and workmanship at the time of sale to the end user for a period of 3 years or 36,000 miles. Both warranties apply only to units that fit cars, vans and light trucks, both domestic and import applications. All commercial, heavy duty and industrial units are warranted for a period of 12 months.
Warranty is limited to replacing or repairing any unit that proves to be defective in workmanship or materials, one time against the initial purchase. BBB assumes no liability beyond replacement of the unit. Warranty is void if the unit is improperly installed or damaged as a result of misdiagnosis of the vehicle’s power steering system.